Sport: Gymnastics – Sports Aerobics
1. How did you get involved with your sport? How old were you?
A friend told me about it, and I started when I was 9 years old.
2. Where do you train?
At Woldgate School, Pocklington
3. Describe a typical week in your sporting life (how many times you train, how long you train for etc.)
I train for approximately 10 hours a week, I train on Tuesday from 18:45 – 21:00, Thursday 16:45 – 19:15, Friday from 17:00 – 19:00, and Sunday from 10:00 – 13:00
4. What is your greatest sporting achievement so far?
I competed in the Suzuki World Cup in Tokyo, Japan.
My trio came first in the Welsh Championships in 2007.
5. When is your next big competition? What are you doing to prepare for this?
My next competition is on the 3rd-5th October and to prepare for this I am training through the week practicing my routine, and our trio routine and keeping my fitness at a high level. I will also be going to Austria at the end of October for a competition.
6. What are your sporting goals and dreams?
To become British Champion in both my trio and individually.
7. Who is your sporting hero and why?
My sporting hero is Marcela Lopez because she has been female world champion many times. I love to watch her perform, and aspire to be like her in the future.
8. How do you cope with nerves before a big competition?
To cope with nerves I try to keep as focused as I can and eat and drink sensibly.
9. What do you enjoy most about being an athlete?
What I enjoy most about being an athlete is competing in competitions and being fit, as this helps in many things.
10. Who is your biggest supporter and why?
My family because everyone works around my training and competitions, my parents come with me to every one.